Real Estate Sellers Tips
Selling: Planning The Sale
Once you have made the initial decision to sell, you will immediately be faced with another tough question - is it best to hire a real estate sales agent or try to sell the house yourself?
To sell and market a house requires specialized skills, is time consuming, and costs money. Are you prepared to buy advertising space? Advertising is one way to let the buying public know your house is on the market. If not, can you afford the time it will take to sell your house with only a sign in the yard? Are you willing to stay close to home for days, weeks, maybe months to show your house? Do you possess the necessary legal and financial knowledge to answer the buyer's questions, negotiate a contract, or close a sale?
If you answered "No" to any of the above questions, perhaps hiring a real estate agent to help would be the most efficient way to sell your house.
A real estate agent can be indispensable to you in the following ways:
- Access the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to give your home the most exposure
- Assist with pricing based on Comparative Market Analysis
- Provide a detailed marketing plan
- Screen potential buyers for financial qualifications
- Suggest ways to make your property more attractive to buyers
- Show your home whether or not you are there
- Answer potential buyers' questions
- Present all offers
- Assist with negotiating the best sale price
- Facilitate the closing process